Want Some Limelight?

Members are invited to submit a profile to be featured on our blog and our monthly e-mails.
Click here to learn how to submit your CAI Member Profile

9.09.2008

I’m all a-twitter about Twitter!

by Tara Reed


According to Twitter: Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

It can be anything from “about to brush my teeth”, “had a ham sandwich for lunch”, “discovered this great new website – here is a link”.

And here’s a catch– you only have 140 characters per ‘tweet’. (A “tweet” is what they call your update or post)

While trying to explain Twitter to a friend the other day, I came up with a great analogy. Twitter is like a virtual office – with the people you follow being the workers in nearby cubicles.

If I were in a real office, I could walk to a nearby cubicle and ask, “ Hey, anybody know what font this is?” Since I work at home, I’d be talking to the wall.

But now that I have twitter, I can talk to anyone who is following me.

I have found Twitter to be a great source of information. My font question was real. One day I needed to figure a font to use in a book. I found one I liked but didn’t know what it was.

I Twittered my question, put a link to a sample of the font, and waited.



Within 10 minutes, one person told me the exact name of the font.



Another Twitter friend gave me a link to a website, where I could enter samples of any font and the site would tell me the font. What a great resource for the future!



With more and more people working from home, there is a growing need for ways to feel ‘connected’ and less isolated. Twitter does just that and more.

The TOP 3 reasons I like Twitter:

  1. Twitter is a great way to learn about what people are doing. Twitter helps you feel connected to others in your industry and life – regardless of physical location.

  2. By reading what others are doing and discovering, I too, find interesting websites that can help me with my business.

  3. By posting what I’m doing throughout the day, others can learn more about me personally and professionally. Twitter has led to joint venture opportunities, job opportunities and new customers.
Sounds pretty good, right?

But how does it work?

I will take you on a guided tour of Twitter, complete with lots of pictures!
(I’m an artist, I like to SEE what is going on!)



You will Learn the Six Steps to Becoming a Master Tweeter on Twitter

All you have to do is sign up for my Art Licensing Newsletter and the 17 page, image-packed eBook is yours. For free. Can’t beat free!

Click here, sign up, opt-in and unleash your inner social butterfly!

~ Tara

P.S. “Twitter”, the bird, and all screen shots are copyrights of Twitter and used to further the cause, not to harm or confuse it! I don’t know how I ever lived without you Twitter!

P.P.S. Do you already twitter? Let me know - follow me, I’ll follow you. artisttarareed